Sunday, October 16, 2011

To my dear girls...

To my best friends, my favorite girls from school, hostel, college and office...

I miss sitting next to you in class and scribbling notes to you in your rough book. I miss complaining about P.E. classes in the hot sun and coming last in the race with you. I miss hoping that you would answer the questions correctly in Physics class so that the teacher wouldn't pick on me next. I miss sharing my food with you in the lunch break and then cleaning up my desk as you laughed. I miss imitating the teachers and their wonderful accents. I miss cracking the lame jokes that only you and I understood and laughed at. I miss waiting for the dreaded Chemistry exam marks. I miss making elaborate plans for the weekend. I miss the class parties with pizzas, coke, games and the fight between Bollywood and International music. I miss staying back with you in school to practise for the cultural programs.

I miss complaining about the hostel food. I miss skipping dinner, only to have Maggi noodles at night. I miss sitting in the dark and trying to study in candle light. I miss sitting together and watching bad movies. I miss sitting in class and discussing our future plans. I miss complaining about how much we hated VTU and the nerds of our class. I miss the nick names we gave to those around us. I miss rehearsing at night for our dance performances. I miss posing for and clicking crazy photos. I miss sitting and chatting over cups of sweet and milky tea. I miss coming to your room just to borrow something but instead standing at the door and talking to you for hours. I miss going to the grocery with you to buy chips, biscuits and chocolates. I miss going to the "chaat shop" with you and having Dahi Puri after college. I miss waking you up when it was time for college. I miss panicking over ants, lizards and rats.

I miss taking long walks around our office campus at night. I miss saying that I'm not hungry, yet ordering pizzas to your room. I miss sitting at the cafe and taking ages to decide which food court we should have lunch in.

You chose a new path for yourself. You got a new job. You found your Mr Right and you got married. You moved to another city. You went to a new land to pursue your dreams. Your priorities changed. You made new friends. For all your achievements, I'm incredibly proud of you. I always had faith in you and your talent. I knew you had the potential to achieve something big.

I know that ten years from now, some things will certainly be different. But some things will be just the same. We will still laugh at the same corny jokes that no one else gets. We vegetarians will still point at the non vegetarians. We will still tease each other about the same things. We will still discuss episodes of Friends. We will still swoon over Prince William.  We will still gossip about the same people. We will still remember our teachers. We will still love chocolate and cheese. We will still make plans to lose weight. We will still complain about bad hair. We will still have weird nick names. We will still be able to talk all night long. We will still want to change the world. We will still be as wacky and weird as we are.

We will still be friends :)



5 comments:

  1. nice one shwetibooooo :) i can more or less make out whom u referring to in every sentence :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant SRK!!! I bet everyone who reads this can relate to this! funny, yet very moving.. good job done, dear gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice :) very heartening!

    ReplyDelete