Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thoughts...

I’ve always had thoughts in my head, but I felt that turning them into words was not easy. Thanks to my friend Soumya, I’ve finally decided to start writing (rather, typing). Soumya, this one’s for you and for the countless thoughts in my head.

What is a thought? There are multiple definitions available in a dictionary but this is the one I like, “the product of mental activity”. As humans, our minds are constantly active, always thinking, always running, either towards a thought or away from it. Even if we are physically inactive, our minds are alert. We could be doing one thing and thinking of ten others. But what are we thinking of? Happy thoughts or sad ones? Simple thoughts or complex ones? Thoughts about the past or about the future?

A happy thought is something that evokes a smile. Bonding with my family, laughing with my friends, helping someone, receiving praise, achieving something on my own, these make me happy. They give me the strength to face each day. They give me a reason to not give up on myself and to continue working. These small, everyday joys are a constant reminder to me that life is indeed beautiful.

A sad thought, on the other hand, exhausts you. It fills you with negativity and suddenly makes you tired. There even comes a point when you’re so overwhelmed with these sad emotions, that they almost make you forget the happy ones. It’s up to you to let go of those sad thoughts, push them far away and let the happy thoughts take control again.

I believe that happiness is the highest form of energy that one can attain, that’s why it’s so important to never let go of your happy thoughts. So focus on them, remember what created them and treasure them. Now, to avoid getting overly philosophical, I shall leave the next part of my ramblings to another entry J

2 comments:

  1. "A sad thought, on the other hand, exhausts you. It fills you with negativity and suddenly makes you tired."

    One becomes physically and mentally exhausted. ;)

    ReplyDelete